I recently had a great chat with career coach Christie Mims about something we all want – a career that fills us with purpose and passion. For some, I know, living a life of passion seems out of reach. But Christie believes that with the right tools and mindset, anyone can get there.
Once a consultant in Washington DC, Christie realized that the mentoring and coaching aspects of her job were the things that motivated her each day. So she took a leap, researching and enrolling in a Coaching Certification program with the Institute for Professional Excellence in Coaching. Now Christie runs her own business, shares career wisdom with her inspiring Revolutionary Club, and is aiming to personally reach a million clients to help them realize their career dreams.
This upbeat conversation covers a lot of important ground, as Christie shares her own journey and drops some enlightening knowledge. I’ve long been wary of the adage, “Just follow your passion!” but Christie has developed an actual process for identifying you unique purpose! All of her advice is practical and immediately actionable – so you can get started planning your career goals, change, or trajectory right away.
Finally, Christie is super generous and shares two free gifts with you, Profit Boss®, including the keys to the kingdom: Her signature Find Your Passion process. Just like that. So join us and take advantage of Christie’s wisdom!
Listen To The Full Interview:
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- The difference between those that find their career niche and those that never do.
- Christie’s two-step process for discovering what you’re really passionate about.
- Why Christie encourages clients to plan two budgets – a typical budget and a bare-bones survival budget.
- The quarterly and annual check-up process Christie recommends to ensure you’re on track with your career goals.
- The three characteristics a career must have to be your true dream career.
- The crucial difference between a hobby and a passion, and how to recognize the difference (which you’ve gotta know, because turning a hobby into a career can be dangerous to your quality of life!)
- And so much more!
Featured On The Show:
- ICF: International Coach Federation
- iPEC: Institute for Professional Excellence in Coaching
- CTI: Coach Training Institute
- Georgetown University Certificate in Leadership Coaching
- Profit Boss® Radio Ep 17: How to Ask for A Raise – And Get It! With Shanna Landolt
- Learn more about Christie’s Career Happiness Revolution
Christie’s Free Gifts for You!:
- Gift 1: FREE workbook for anyone who wants to start a business/change careers but is struggling with figuring out what they love: Find My Passion: Help! – The Revolutionary Club
- Gift 2: The MOST USEFUL free worksheets for anyone who wants to start a coaching business (and also see what one looks like from behind the scenes): Want to be a successful coach? – The Revolutionary Club
Don’t forget to join our free private Profit Boss® community on Facebook!
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!