I’m back with another installment of Ask Hilary, where I answer questions largely from the Profit Boss® Facebook group (which you should totally join if you haven’t already!).
Before answering your questions, I want to make sure you start 2017 on the right foot by talking about taxes. I share some of my top tax tips — including last-minute charitable contributions and tax loss harvesting — that you can implement to make the most of your taxes for this year. I also give you a rundown of an excellent recent article from the Wall Street Journal that backs up what I’ve been telling you for a while now: index funds are the way to go!
Then I dive into four listener questions. We talk about micro-financing other people and what kind of savings account you should open when you’re looking to start a business of your own. I give some advice to an aspiring investor and author, and wrap up with a discussion about how to identify ways in which your business can grow so you can give yourself a promotion. I also have a free gift for you to make the busy holiday season a little more organized, so don’t miss out!
Listen To The Full Interview:
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- How I stay sane through the holiday shopping season, and how you can too!
- How to prep your 2016 taxes to make the most out of your returns.
- The latest data on active vs. passive investing, and how this aligns with my teachings here on PBR.
- My take on peer-to-peer lending and its potential pros and pitfalls.
- How to read the signs of your market when you’re a small business owner to know what your next step forward should be.
Featured On The Show:
- Sign up for my newsletter, where I summarize and weigh in on the financial news you might have questions about!
- Wall Street’s “Do-Nothing” Investing Revolution from Wall Street Journal
- IRA Calculator: How much can you put in an IRA?
- Ep 26: Index Funds: Security AND High Returns, Demystified with Barbara Friedberg
- Ep 42: Wade Pfau, Professor of Retirement Income
- S&P 500
- Have a question you want answered on Profit Boss® Radio? You can also email us at [email protected].
Don’t forget to join our free private Profit Boss® community on Facebook!
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!