We’re back with another Everyday Heroine this week! Jennifer is the host of Congressional Dish, that podcast about the goings-on of our government I told you about a couple weeks ago. Regardless of your feelings about politics, I think you’re going to love Jen. She’s a spitfire committed to producing a valuable podcast with no partisan slant, and all in the face of some financial uncertainty.
Before diving into the interview, I’ve got a mini-economics lesson for you. You’ve probably heard that the Fed raised interest rates — but what’s that mean for your bottom line? And your investments? I’ll break all that down so you can be the most informed person in your circle this week.
Next up: the interview with Jen. We cover some basics about her background — first money memory, money habits, and financial struggles — and she talks about the many small jobs she’s had while figuring out what she really loves to do. She then shares the inspiration for Congressional Dish, which grew from a passion project into a full-fledged business.
Jen shares openly and authentically about her finances and the ups and downs of running a business — making her the perfect inspiration for all of you other Everyday Heroines out there. Don’t miss this!
Listen To The Full Interview:
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- How Jen learned her money lessons as a young adult after a financially stress-free childhood.
- Jen’s strategies for saving and spending that ensure she’s always got money in the bank.
- How Jen and her husband work together financially to ensure they can both have fulfilling careers.
- The conversation with her father that inspired Jen to take the plunge and start Congressional Dish.
- Jen’s target audience for the show, and why she’s so passionate about Congressional policymaking specifically (and why you should be, too!).
- How Jen’s listeners contribute to her income and ongoing show through a donation model.
Featured On The Show:
- Congressional Dish
- CD117: Authorization for Limitless War
- CD135: Education is Big Business (Every Student Succeeds Act)
- Rachel Maddow
- The Hill
- Tom Cole (R-OK)
- The Audacity to Podcast from Daniel J. Lewis
- Hardcore History from Dan Carlin
- No Agenda from Adam Curry and John C. Dvorak
- U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission
Don’t forget to join our free private Profit Boss® community on Facebook!
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!