I start with my step-by-step recommendations to build a strong financial foundation. Whether you’re a listener in your twenties with your first job, your thirties with some debt to eliminate, or approaching retirement, these simple guidelines can help you build the money muscles you’ll need to save and invest intelligently for the future.
I also answer some big questions about real estate, including how to know when you’re ready to buy a house. I offer some things to keep in mind during your house search, why a house does not count as a retirement asset, and why you shouldn’t fall in love with a house.
This is just a small taste of everything covered today; scroll down for a PDF version of this episode that’s packed with tools, links, and information to help you pave the path to financial freedom!
Listen To The Full Interview:
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- A clear-cut guide to starting out financially, including specific milestones and guidelines for saving, investing, and making big purchases.
- How to know approximately how much you’ll need to save to fund a secure, comfortable retirement.
- Why it’s important to break the journey to financial freedom into stages and make it more manageable.
- How to know when you’re ready to buy a house, and the first steps you should take to make the purchase as smooth as possible.
- A free companion guide to the episode, including all of Hilary’s notes, links to supporting resources, and a complete training for the financial automation system Hilary recommends.
- Why financial automation can help you learn how to pay yourself first, finally stop overspending, and fully fund tomorrow’s dreams.
Featured On The Show:
- Download the Profit Boss® guide to learn how to start out financially!
- EP 26 | Profit Boss® Radio | Index Funds: Security AND High Returns, Demystified with Barbara Friedberg
- EP 42 | Profit Boss® Radio | Wade Pfau, Professor of Retirement Income
- Charles Schwab
- Putting a value on your value from Vanguard
Don’t forget to join our free private Profit Boss® community on Facebook!
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!