Profit Boss® Radio is celebrating our 1-year anniversary! When you think of anniversaries, you typically think romance. Since this is a financial podcast, I’m going to combine those two concepts and interview my husband, Robert Hendershott. He’s a bonafide hedge fund manager. Hedge fund investing is a topic that’s stumped me in the past so it will be a nice change of pace to demystify some of the lore associated with this complex world of investing.
Robert has a Ph.D. in Finance and has worked in alternative investments for the last 20 years. He was a professor of Finance who became an expert on bank consolidation. Through a mutual friend, he became connected with a group of billionaires who took a chance on him and financed his first hedge fund idea.
In this episode, Robert explains the nuts and bolts of the hedge fund industry and shares his intimate knowledge through an amazing ability to explain the complex inner workings in layman’s terms. If you want to sound smarter speaking with investors at cocktail parties or understand if hedge fund investing is in your future, this anniversary episode is just what you need.
Listen To The Full Interview:
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- Whether all hedge fund managers are swimming in money and what that means for you.
- What a hedge fund is and what does that term actually mean.
- Who can invest in hedge funds and what does it mean to be an accredited investor.
- A history of the hedge fund industry.
- What people mean when they say “Wall Street”.
- The costs associated with hedge fund investing vs the services provided by the managers.
- A day in the life of a hedge fund manager.
Featured On The Show:
Don’t forget to join our free private Profit Boss® community on Facebook!
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!