Joann is the new author of Earning It: Hard-Won Lessons from Trailblazing Women at the Top of the Business World. In this book, she interviews women who have achieved great success in the professional world. Two-thirds of the women interviewed for this book are senior executives. All of the women have fascinating stories to share about climbing the corporate ladder and helpful advice for the next generation following in their footsteps.
This conversation will provide a lot of insight into what it takes for women to be successful in a male-dominated arena. Top management roles are still primarily held by men, but women are making great strides in leveling the playing field. We can learn so much from the success of these driven women and my conversation with Joann will shine a light on key actions that those interested in reaching the corner office should keep in mind.
Listen To The Full Interview:
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- The evolution of Joann’s book title and how the final version was ultimately accepted.
- How to earn power, acceptance and find career advancement.
- How women can handle pay disputes as chief executives with a company’s board.
- Why women should be willing to leave in order to boost their leverage in salary negotiation talks.
- Cathy Black’s story of addressing a pay disparity in a promotion to executive level positions.
- The distinction between mentors and sponsors in the professional environment and why a sponsor is vital to women interested in advancing to executive levels.
Featured On The Show:
- Grit to Great by Linda Kaplin
Don’t forget to join our free private Profit Boss® community on Facebook!
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!