Check out my checklist below, and sound off in the Profit Boss® Facebook group with your own travel tips!
And if you’ve got a couple minutes to spare, please hop on over to my less-than-five-minute podcast listener survey (SURVEY CLOSED) and tell me what you like, dislike, and want more of from Profit Boss® Radio. I want to help you achieve your financial goals, so be sure to let me know how I can help you get there!
Listen To The Full Interview:
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- Don’t post on social media about your vacation!
- Get a checking account and a credit card that don’t charge exchange fees. Right now I recommend Charles Schwab’s checking account and Capital One’s credit cards, but these things can change. Nerdwallet usually has current information on these kinds of resources so definitely check them out.
- Travel with snacks. I like these and these.
- Consider taking public transportation instead of taxis! Many places don’t have Uber yet unfortunately, so do your research.
- Make sure you get the right bag for when you’re out and about during the day! Lots of big cities (not just international ones!) have thieves and pickpockets. I recommend a cross-body bag with a thick strap so it’s sturdy and can’t be ripped off of you. I have this one.
- Take pictures of your passport and credit cards and upload them to your Evernote account, so you can access them on the cloud and on your local device.
- Get a hotel or Airbnb that has a kitchen with a refrigerator and a microwave so you can prep most of your meals on your own.
- Consider staying at a hostel! These can be great ways to get to know international travelers and make friends while saving money!
- Buy fewer souvenirs! They mostly just get thrown away anyway. Consider buying one special thing that will remind you of your trip instead, and giving the kids in your life small amounts of local currency.
- Do your homework on the exchange rate to the local currency – know the ratios to expect so you don’t get ripped off!
- Learn key phrases in the local tongue: “How much is that?” “What’s the price?” and others.
- Don’t pay resort fees! Airbnb is everywhere, and you can save money and get to know the locals.
Featured On The Show:
- Charles Schwab
- Capital One
- Sargento Balanced Breaks
- Quest Nutrition Bars
- baggallini Bag
- Complete my podcast listener survey (SURVEY CLOSED) – it’s short and sweet!
Don’t forget to join our free private Profit Boss® community on Facebook!
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!