This week’s Profit Boss® encapsulates the mindset and authenticity that so many of us hope to achieve in life and work — making her the perfect part 2 of 3 in our personal finance series. Maria Ross is a former corporate branding and marketing expert who now runs her own consulting firm, Red Slice. Red Slice also doubles as a digital curation of marketing tips, stories, and inspiration.
In this episode, Maria generously shares her expertise in brand building for companies and people. We talk about individuals and corporations with admirable or infamous brands and what makes them particularly potent. Maria also breaks down the five characteristics of a power brand, which you can become even as a business of one.
To top it off, we’re building on a new theme in the podcast: Everyday Heroines. Maria talks about her own financial backstory and the mistakes she’s made along the way. She shares the personality traits that helped shape her positive money mindset, and how she overcame personal and financial obstacles like $30,000 in credit card debt and breaking off an engagement.
Your character is the foundation of your life, but it can also be the foundation of a meaningful and successful business. Check out Maria’s advice to find out how!
Listen To The Full Interview:
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- How you can draw out your values as part of your brand.
- Why people can be uncomfortable with “branding,” and why it’s a great thing regardless.
- The power of not appealing to everybody.
- Why your brand should be an overarching message, not just what you’re doing right now.
- The five marks of a power brand.
- The difference between direct marketing and branding.
- How Maria overcame debt and uncertainty to build her dream brand and a flourishing business.
Featured On The Show:
- Red Slice
- The Juicy Guides for Entrepreneurs
- Check out MOMENTUM, Maria’s 12-month guided program to master your marketing, build your brand and save your sanity. Registration closes August 31, 2016.
- Branding Basics for Small Business, 2nd Edition: How to Create an Irresistible Brand on Any Budget
- The Juicy Guide to Entrepreneurship: Advice on How to Energize Your Brand and Squeeze More Soul Into Your Business
- Rebooting My Brain: How a Freak Aneurysm Reframed My Life
- The price of shame: TED Talk by Monica Lewinsky
- Dove Real Beauty Campaign
- Dawn Saves Wildlife Campaign
- Method Soaps
- Tony Hsieh of Zappos
Don’t forget to join our free private Profit Boss® community on Facebook!
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!