EP 131 | Profit Boss® Radio
Welcome to episode 131 of Profit Boss® Radio! In this week’s episode, I am providing you with tips on how to hire a financial advisor.
Why now? Well, because January and the first quarter of the year is a very popular time for people to get their financial house in order and when you are most likely to hire a financial advisor. Also, now is a great time to invest because you can essentially join the market while it’s on sale. Prices are low, making it a great time to start investing.
A question many of my listeners have, however, is where to actually start? Do you ask a friend, do a Google search? Attend an event? The answer is, yes! But with some parameters, of course.
A financial advisor can add tremendous value to your financial life, but it’s an important partnership that does take careful consideration. Tune in to today’s episode as I have an honest conversation about what you should look for in a potential financial advisor. I also offer up some insider tips on ways to evaluate a financial advisor before hiring one.
What You’ll Find Out in this Episode:
- Why now may be the right time to hire a financial advisor
- What you need to know about the titles “financial advisor” and “wealth manager” and why can’t rely on titles alone to identify qualified financial advice
- Where to start to hire a financial advisor
- How you can make a savvy choice with whom you entrust your financial life
- What you should be looking for in a financial advisor you hire
- The shortlist of places you can start building your list of potential financial advisors
- 4 categories to evaluate before you hire a financial advisor
- What factors contribute to building trust and likability with a financial advisor
- What makes a financial advisor qualified to handle your personal finances
- Why their business practices and processes matter to your financial success
- Why how a financial advisor gets paid says a lot about what kind of financial advisor they are
- What you need to know about the Fiduciary Rule
- The top professional designations some financial advisors hold that qualifies them to provide comprehensive financial services
- Why you shouldn’t discredit the value of good rapport
- Questions and conversations you should have with a potential financial advisor before hiring one
Resources and Related Profit Boss® Content Mentioned in this Episode
- Find a CFP®: http://www.plannersearch.org/
- Find a fee-only financial advisor: https://www.napfa.org/
- FINRA’s BrokerCheck: https://brokercheck.finra.org/
- Profit Boss® Article: The Top 11 Questions You Need to Ask Any Financial Advisor Before Hiring One
Call for Listener Stories
Hey Profit Boss® Radio listeners! If you reach a financial goal you’re proud of, tell me about it! I will continue to share listener win stories throughout 2019. Remember, the Profit Boss® community is here to support you and that includes celebrating with you when you accomplish something incredible.
- If you crush a specific financial goal, I want to hear from you.
- If you’re thankful for something that has happened in your financial life or career, I want to hear from you.
- If you are making big financial or career plans, I want to hear from you!
Your financial success is possible and so many of you are already making that a reality! So, don’t keep your wins to yourself! Share them with me so that I can air them throughout the year on Profit Boss® Radio.
Email your audio clip to [email protected]. And we’ll be in touch if we plan to air your story. Thanks, ladies!
And let’s not forget that this show is powered by you and your stories and questions. Every month I’ll be doing an #AskHilary episode where I answer listener financial questions.
- So, what’s that top of mind money question that’s been pinging around in your brain?
- Where have you been stopped?
- What have you been arguing with your spouse or significant other about?
- What tip or tool aren’t you sure about?
- Do you have questions about saving? Spending? Budgeting? Investing?
Pick up your mobile phone right now. Yes, right now. And open your voice recorder app. Yep, go ahead and open that app and record yourself asking me that question. Just say your name, first name only is okay, and then what city you’re from, and then ask away.
Anything you want to ask. And once you’re done recording, export that beautiful little recording and email it to [email protected].
I can’t wait to hear your questions!
Enjoy The Show?
- Be sure to subscribe to Profit Boss® Weekly so that you get our latest announcements, offers, articles, and resources straight to your inbox!
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes and share the show with your friends
- Interested in taking your next right step? Join our Interest List for the $50k Wealth Multiplier Mastermind
- Don’t miss out on the 7 Steps to Wealth Audio Guide! It’s free and comes with weekly emails that walk you through each step.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!
- Initiate a conversation about your wealth planning and take the relationship to the next level
Hendershott Wealth Management, LLC and Profit Boss® Radio do not make specific investment recommendations on Profit Boss® Radio or in any public media. We also do not feature testimonials or endorsements about our services.