Today I’m excited to share my interview with Philip Taylor (better known as PT), the man behind the popular money blog PT Money. PT’s work is all about helping people find tools and strategies to save money, invest smarter, and make more money. I’ve heard from many of you that you want a step-by-step outline of how to get started investing, so our goal today is to provide just that!
In this interview, PT starts by describing how he got started investing and saving. Believe it or not, he wasn’t always a savings-guru – so he’s sharing the systems and tools that helped him become one. He talks about how to know when you’re ready to start investing for the long term, and the different types of retirement accounts you can consider. We also break down three case studies based on people at different stages of life and income, and PT offers his advice about what each of these people should do to start investing.
PT’s financial insights are the perfect way to prepare to invest in the new year, so don’t miss this!
Listen To The Full Interview:
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- How to start saving and investing in 2017.
- Why PT believes financial automation was the key to his success, and the steps he took to make it happen.
- What finally convinced PT to start saving.
- What you should do if you don’t think you’re financially stable enough to save.
- We break down three different types of savers and discuss how they should get started investing.
Featured On The Show:
- Connect with PT: PT Money | Twitter
- 7 Lame Reasons People Don’t Save For Retirement from PT Money
- View of Retirement at 107
- Social Security Quick Calculator
- Chase Bank
- Capital One 360 Checking
Don’t forget to join our free private Profit Boss® community on Facebook!
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!