All investing involves risk, including the potential loss of principal. There is no guarantee that any investment plan or strategy will be successful. Advisory services provided by Hendershott Wealth Management, LLC (“HWM”), an investment advisor registered with the U.S. Securities and Exchange commission. Registration does not imply a certain level of skill or training. The presence of this website on the Internet shall not be directly or indirectly interpreted as a solicitation of investment advisory services to persons of another jurisdiction unless otherwise permitted by statute. Follow-up or individualized responses to consumers in a particular state by HWM in the rendering of personalized investment advice for compensation shall not be made without first complying with jurisdiction requirements or pursuant an applicable state exemption.
All written content on this site is for information purposes only. Opinions expressed herein are solely those of HWM, unless otherwise specifically cited. Material presented is believed to be from reliable sources and no representations are made by our firm as to another parties’ informational accuracy or completeness. All information or ideas provided should be discussed in detail with an advisor, accountant or legal counsel prior to implementation.
3rd Party certification and membership disclosures:
Investopedia Top 100 Advisor
- Dates received: 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021
- Requirements of certification/membership: All registered financial advisors in the U.S. may be considered for the Investopedia 100, a ranking of the top 100 advisors based on their online influence, reach and commitment to financial education. Only individuals may apply; advisory firms cannot be included in the rankings. Investopedia is one of the largest and most renowned financial education companies on the internet. Investopedia provides millions of people with the information they need to successfully learn about personal finance and manage their money. “The Investopedia 100 celebrates financial advisors who are making significant contributions to critical conversations about financial literacy, investing strategies, life-stage planning, and wealth management. They influence the practice of financial advice and help educate millions of investors.” To find the 100 best, Investopedia relies on peer-to-peer nominations. Next, they focus on those who demonstrated an ability to reach the largest and most relevant audience. This was measured by the impact and quality of their published work, public appearances, and online following.
- Compensation to obtain: $0
- Date certified: Hilary Hendershott 3/16/2010, Jen Rupp 8/13/2019, Alyssa Hause 2/12/2016
- Requirements of certification/membership: In order to receive and have the right to use the CFP® marks an individual must complete an advanced college-level course of study on financial planning per the CFP board’s standards and attain a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college. The CFP board’s financial planning subject areas include insurance planning, risk management, employee benefits, investment, income tax, retirement and estate planning. In addition to the course work, an individual must also successfully pass the comprehensive CFP® certification exam, have a minimum of 3 years of full-time financial planning related experience and agree to be bound by the CFP board’s standards of professional conduct. To maintain membership, CFP®’s must complete 30 hours of continuing education every 2 years and renew agreement to be bound by the Standards of Professional conduct.
- Compensation to obtain: Cost to take the exam is $925. Cost to renew certification is $355.
- Date joined: 1/5/18
- Requirements of certification/membership: To be a member of NAPFA you must be a fee-only financial advisor, have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, have a CFP® certification, sign the NAPFA Fiduciary Oath, demonstrate a comprehensive approach to financial planning, and earn 60 continuing education credits every two years.
- Compensation to obtain: Application fee of $150 and annual dues of $695 to maintain membership.
- Date certified: 2/14/22
- Requirements of certification/membership: To obtain certification, HWM completed training through the Profit First University utilizing material from Mike Michalowicz. In addition to the course curriculum, HWM was required to implement Profit First in their own business, Implement it with 3 beta clients, pass the certification exam with a score above 85% and attend required monthly calls.
- Compensation to obtain: In order to maintain legal rights for use of Profit First, brand association, access to tools, resources and Profit First Guides, monthly membership dues are paid.