Laura Roeder is the founder of MeetEdgar, a powerful piece of software that organizes your social media posts, re-uses them, and distributes them intelligently. Before MeetEdgar, she ran a super successful coaching business, and has packed countless lessons into her already awesome career. While we don’t usually focus on entrepreneurship on this show, Laura’s story and advice were too good to pass up.
We talk about how Laura got her businesses going (and thriving) at such an early age, and some of the core beliefs about money that got her there. Laura shares the key distinction between herself and her business that keeps them both healthy financially — which can be difficult to find as an entrepreneur. Finally, she discusses how she manages her booming cashflow and salary, and why being “nice” isn’t the key to success that you might expect.
Listen To The Full Interview:
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- How Laura created spending rules for herself in order to overcome a scarcity mindset.
- Why transitioning away from her social media coaching business to create a software company was a strategic financial decision.
- Some of the early missteps and triumphs Laura had when she started her businesses.
- The fascinating reason why Laura doesn’t expect loyalty from her employees.
- How Laura plans to translate business success into personal success and keep herself financially free.
Featured On The Show:
- Connect with Laura Roeder: MeetEdgar | Twitter | Facebook
- How Being Nice is Killing Your Shot at Success (and how I changed my nice girl ways.) from Laura Roeder
- LKR Social Media
- Noah Kagan: AppSumo
Don’t forget to join our free private Profit Boss® community on Facebook!
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!