Welcome to episode 146 of Profit Boss® Radio! Identity protection is so crucial in this day and age that I felt we needed two episodes to cover all the information. If you have been following the news, you have definitely heard countless stories of people falling prey to identity theft.
According to Javelin Research, identity theft is on the rise and the most recent study shows the odds of you becoming a victim is now 1 in 3! With the increased usage of social media and online consumerism, people are sharing more information and, subsequently, becoming more vulnerable. Monitoring your identity is becoming a part of life, and there are methods you can use to make it a little bit easier to manage.
This episode contains many pertinent tips and tactics that you can apply today to help safeguard your financial life. Tune in to this week’s episode as we continue our discussion about how to protect your identity.
Here’s what you’ll find out in this week’s episode of Profit Boss® Radio
- Adam Levin’s 3M identity theft protection framework and how to use it
- Why it is important to use a password vault
- Understanding the importance of checking your personal financial transactions daily
- Why you should never throw away physical financial documents
- How to protect your health plan and prescription information
- Why it’s important to know who is asking for your personal information (and why) before you share it
- How to research your insurance and other financial institutions to see if they offer any cyber liability or identity theft coverage
- How voice-controlled assistant devices can expose your financial identity
- The importance of understanding public wi-fi security
- What safety tactics you should utilize when sharing or discarding computers or mobile devices
- How to protect you and your family when utilizing social media
- Why you should check your credit report frequently
- Why it can be beneficial for some people to freeze their credit
- What items you should or should not carry in your purse or wallet
- What you should be aware of when it comes to monitoring your information on the dark web
- How to protect someone’s identity after their death
- Why it is important to keep a list of all companies that you do business with
- What common scams you should be aware of to protect yourself
Resources and Related Profit Boss® Content Mentioned in this Episode
- Episode 145 | Profit Boss Radio | Identity Protection Pt 1 of 2: Interview with Author of Swiped, Adam Levin
Call for Listener Stories
Hey Profit Boss® Radio listeners! If you reach a financial goal you’re proud of, tell me about it! I will continue to share listener win stories throughout 2019. Remember, the Profit Boss® community is here to support you and that includes celebrating with you when you accomplish something incredible.
- If you crush a specific financial goal, I want to hear from you.
- If you’re thankful for something that has happened in your financial life or career, I want to hear from you.
- If you are making big financial or career plans, I want to hear from you!
Your financial success is possible and so many of you are already making that a reality! So, don’t keep your wins to yourself! Share them with me so that I can air them throughout the year on Profit Boss® Radio.
Email your audio clip to [email protected]. And we’ll be in touch if we plan to air your story. Thanks, ladies!
And let’s not forget that this show is powered by you and your stories and questions. Every month I’ll be doing an #AskHilary episode where I answer listener financial questions.
- So, what’s that top of mind money question that’s been pinging around in your brain?
- Where have you been stopped?
- What have you been arguing with your spouse or significant other about?
- What tip or tool aren’t you sure about?
- Do you have questions about saving? Spending? Budgeting? Investing?
Pick up your mobile phone right now. Yes, right now. And open your voice recorder app. Yep, go ahead and open that app and record yourself asking me that question. Just say your name, first name only is okay, and then what city you’re from, and then ask away.
Anything you want to ask. And once you’re done recording, export that beautiful little recording and email it to [email protected]. I can’t wait to hear your questions!
Enjoy The Show?
- Be sure to subscribe to Profit Boss® Weekly so that you get our latest announcements, offers, articles, and resources straight to your inbox!
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes and share the show with your friends
- Don’t miss out on the 7 Steps to Wealth Audio Guide! It’s free and comes with weekly emails that walk you through each step.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!
Hendershott Wealth Management, LLC and Profit Boss® Radio do not make specific investment recommendations on Profit Boss® Radio or in any public media. Any specific mentions of funds or investments are strictly for illustrative purposes only and should not be taken as investment advice or acted upon by individual investors. The opinions expressed in this episode are those of Hilary Hendershott, CFP®, MBA.