Episode 89 | Profit Boss® Radio
No one would ever dream that experiencing sexual harassment could have a negative impact on their career and their income. And yet, the general consensus is that yes, sexual harassment has a huge and lasting impact on women in the workplace. While the bigger conversations like #MeToo and the Harvey Weinstein allegations are a bit larger than the scope of this podcast, it is still worth devoting time and collecting the best experts on the topic. I’ll start with my own story of sexual harassment, and the vastly negative impact it made on me when I was still very young. Knowing what I know now, I feel armed and ready to navigate these muddy waters with you…without costing you a coin.
First up, I am thrilled to have Tucker Miller on the show for an interview. She is an expert through and through, and she is working with the organization, ELI, to stop workplace harassment and give voice to the voiceless. Tucker is going to share her experiences navigating sexual harassment in the workplace in order to show you exactly what you should do and say should this ever happen to you. My favorite bit of advice is what she recommends is her how-to when it comes to bringing a complaint to HR. You definitely do not want to miss out on her advice and perspective.
My second interview is with Daren Lipinsky. He’s the guy you would want to call if you were in need of representation for a sexual harassment lawsuit. No one would ever dream they might need Darren’s help, but it is always smart to know more than you need! Darren is going to give his unique perspective on sexual harassment and offer up his own words of wisdom for anyone experiencing it right now or in the future. His main point is that you need to come forward. There is strength in numbers, and there are people like Daren out there ready to help you.
Unfortunately, sexual harassment in the workplace is not going away anytime soon. The more conversations and stories I hear, the more firmly I believe that we as women in the workplace need to arm ourselves with knowledge and a little bit of legal savvy. Thank you so much to all of you in the Facebook group who have been sharing your stories. We can change the narrative together.
Listen To The Full Interview:
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- Tucker shares how someone might know if there are being harassed.
- So you know you are being harassed, what next?
- Quid Pro Quo v. Hostile Work Environment
- Encouragement for those of us who are afraid we have accidentally created a hostile work environment.
- Tucker’s experience from the fallout of egregious allegations.
- Can a subordinate harass a manager?
- What you need to know about consensual workplace relationships.
- Reporting office relationships.
- Does a woman need to worry about losing her job when she reports a problem?
- Tucker’s real stories of sexual harassment.
- How lawyers can be most effective for you in sexual harassment situations.
- Daren shares his personal history with civil rights and his perspective on how our attitudes on sexual harassment has changed.
- Know when you can make a legal claim and file a suit.
- The vast majority of people who make a claim have legitimate complaints.
- Advice for someone who is trying to avoid termination or changes in career.
- Make sure your documentation is detailed and that it happens as quickly as possible.
- Be aware that your Social Media can be used as evidence.
- The types of settlements that one might be entitled to after a case.
- Do your research about a company’s history with sexual harassment cases.
Featured On The Show:
- Profit Boss Live www.profitbosslive.com
- Tucker Miller’s firm: www.eliinc.com
- Daren Lipinsky’s firm: www.lipinskylaw.com
- Contact me: [email protected]
Don’t forget to join our free private Profit Boss® community on Facebook!
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!