EP 115 | Profit Boss® Radio
Do you have student loans? This topic is a painful area to talk about, but one that is common for so many people. My guest today has great advice and nuggets of wisdom for you! He is passionate about helping to fix the problem of student loan debt for others. Don’t miss my conversation with Travis!
Travis Hornsby founded Student Loan Planner after helping his surgeon wife figure out how to manage her six-figure medical school debt. He quickly realized there was a huge need in this area and that he could provide valuable help for others. He was formerly a bond trader and is a chartered financial analyst, so he is a rock-solid and smart finance guy. He loves saving professionals money through creating customized student loan strategies for the top 2% of the most indebted Americans. Check out the resources below to see how to contact Travis and how he may be able to help you with your student loan debt.
Listen To The Full Interview:
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- The huge problem of student loans, especially for professional women, who carry a major portion of the debt
- Travis’ message to high school and college students pursuing higher degrees: “Go to the cheapest place you can.”
- The “real carnage” of student debt is in grad school because of debt caps for undergraduate education
- The story of Travis’ wife: she started medical school at age 18 and then did a four-year Ob-gyn residency in NYC, where she was a free-spender. They met at church in Philly when she was there for a fellowship training and he was a bond trader.
- Mistakes that his wife made that cost her about $70K
- Advice from Travis: “Think about the future and take out federal student loans that can be eligible for debt forgiveness.”
- The two paths to loan forgiveness
- On Travis’ website, find his Refi Quiz and other free educational content to help you find the tricks and loopholes
- Travis’ consultation will include different strategies and paths, depending on your career and family goals
- How consolidation can help to speed up the payment and get old student loans qualifying for loan forgiveness programs and help you have only one loan payment (watch out for scams!)
- The average mistake costs $60K – ”There’s a lot that you don’t know that you don’t know.”
- How late student loan payments CAN affect your credit score
Featured On The Show:
- www.studentloanplanner.com/refi-quiz Check out Travis’ website for lots of helpful information!
- Email Travis: [email protected]
- Ignite Investing: http://igniteinvesting.com
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!