EP 126 | Profit Boss® Radio
2018 is almost over and it’s the first year of the new Tax Cuts and Jobs Act that dramatically overhauled our tax code as we know it. So, what do you need to know? And what things should you make sure you address before year-end? I’m going to cover all of it in today’s show.
In today’s episode, I discuss how the largest and most anticipated tax reform act passed by Congress since 1986 will affect you. There is lots packed into the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, so I try to give a high-level overview of the details that matter most to you.
Today’s conversation should help you prepare for a successful 2019 and beyond. With the new Tax Cuts and Jobs Act taking effect this year, most of you are probably wondering how these new rules are going to impact you personally. Fortunately, you’re already getting ahead of the changes by listening to today’s episode!
Now is a perfect time to find out how the new laws will impact your tax situation so that you can take steps before the end of the year to lawfully minimize your taxes and maximize your nest egg. I also prepared a few resources for you relating to this episode. I provide access a detailed transcript of today’s episode so you can reference anything I talked about in more depth, a guide to the new tax brackets, and a Quick Reference Guide you can download for the new tax changes if you just need a fast summary of the major changes.
What You’ll Learn from This Episode
- The 5 major areas of financial planning that correlate with your taxes
- An overview of the new tax rules
- What has changed under the new tax laws and what has stayed the same
- Tax changes that are likely good news for most taxpayers
- Tax changes that aren’t good news for some taxpayers
- Things you can do to take advantage of new opportunities under the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- Ways you can potentially offset tax exposure under the new laws
- How to interpret these tax changes for your own situation
- How the new tax laws affect businesses
- How to succeed financially under the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
Resources and Research Related to this Episode
- Tax Changes to Know About Before Year End (Detailed Version)
- Download The Taxpayers Quick Reference Guide
- Guide to New Tax Brackets 2018
- IRS 2018 Withholding Calculator
- Get your 7 Steps to Wealth Audio Guide
- Join our interest list for $50K Wealth Multiplier Experience
Related Episodes and Blogs
- How to Succeed Under the New Tax Reform – Replay
- Top 4 Ways to Remove Tax-Time Stress for Business Owners
- EP 64 | Tax Audit Red Flags & Tax Mistakes You CANNOT Make with the IRS with Tax Attorney Deborah Gregory
Call for Listener Stories
Hey Profit Boss® Radio listeners! 2018 is rapidly winding down and I’m preparing a special episode that celebrates you! But, this special episode requires your help.
- If you have crushed a specific financial goal, I want to hear from you.
- If you’re thankful for something that has happened in your financial life or career, I want to hear from you.
- If you are making big plans for 2019, I want to hear from you!
Your financial success is possible and so many of you are already making that a reality! So, don’t keep your wins to yourself! Share them with me so that I can air them in a special year-end episode of Profit Boss® Radio.
Email your audio clip to [email protected]. And we’ll be in touch if we plan to air your story in a few weeks! Thanks ladies!
And let’s not forget that this show is powered by you and your stories and questions. Every month I’ll be doing an #AskHilary episode where I answer listener financial questions.
- So, what’s that top of mind money question that’s been pinging around in your brain?
- Where have you been stopped?
- What have you been arguing with your spouse or significant other about?
- What tip or tool aren’t you sure about?
- Do you have questions about saving? Spending? Budgeting? Investing?
Pick up your mobile phone right now. Yes, right now. And open your voice recorder app. Yep, go ahead and open that app and record yourself asking me that question. Just say your name, first name only is okay, and then what city you’re from, and then ask away.
Anything you want to ask. And once you’re done recording, export that beautiful little recording and email it to [email protected]
I can’t wait to hear your questions!
Enjoy The Show?
- Be sure to subscribe to Profit Boss® Weekly so that you get our latest announcements, offers, articles, and resources straight to your inbox!
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes and share the show with your friends
- Interested in taking your next right step? Join our Interest List for the $50k Wealth Multiplier Mastermind
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!
Hendershott Wealth Management, LLC and Profit Boss® Radio do not make specific investment recommendations on Profit Boss® Radio or in any public media, nor does either entity offer tax advice. Any of the information presented is for illustrative purposes only and should not be taken as investment or tax advice or acted upon by individual investors. The opinions expressed in this episode are those of Hilary Hendershott, CFP®, MBA.